Learn to identify plants we use in our farm.
Companion plants :
- Ice cream bean – fruiting legumenus tree, distinct leaf between the other leaves. See picture below.
- Flemingia – bushy plant, normally planted in rows. Alley cropping. used for chop and drop
- Mexican sunflower – Tithonia diversifolia is a species of flowering used for chop and drop
- Vetiver grass – Chrysopogon zizanioides for erosion control and used for chop and drop
- Pinto peanut – relative of the peanut but does not make it, nitrogen fixing plant and good ground cover. Edible yellow flower. See picture below.
Fast fruiting plants:
- Passion fruit
- Dragon fruit