At Fruit Haven Ecovillage, we are creating a sustainable eco-village and a functioning permaculture fruit farm. We hope to inspire local farmers to see fruit production as a profitable endeavor; an alternative to deforestation and cattle grazing.
Abiu fresh from the tree! 🌿
Fresh cacao pods grown on our land.
Badea looks like a giant passionfruit. They are actually from the same genus, but badea can be sweet when it’s ripe ☀️💛 so juicy and tasty!
Our community values are important to our unity and success:
- A strong work ethic: Responsible care-taking of the land to maintain and increase production of fruits and vegetables
- Permaculture methods of farming
- Consuming primarily raw, unprocessed, plant-based foods (see: diet and lifestyle)
- Living a life free of alcohol and other hard drugs
- Maintaining spiritual health through meditation and yoga
- Maintaining physical health through regular exercise
- Doing our best to help the people, animals, and plants around us
- Protecting individual liberty by maintaining de-centralized community organization
Located in the foothills of the Andes on the edge of the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador, the tropical climate is ideal for durian, marang, rollinia, mamey sapote, jackfruit, papaya, and much more. The farm already produces bananas, rollinia, plantains, papayas, abiu, black sapote, oranges, peanut butter fruit, local/wild fruits, and many tropical perennial vegetables such as katuk and malabar spinach.
Contact us to inquire about staying as a volunteer, joining as a community member, or buying into the project as a trustee with your name on the land title.
Become a land owner – Get your own personal homestead lot on Fruit Haven!
It starts with every one of us
There are many ways to join us in this beautiful region of Ecuador, by volunteering, renting a room or cabin, signing up for our detox program, or even buying land.
Latest From Our Blog
I have a question: does anybody know what is the best place (in the world) to grow the most varieties of fruit? It should be tropical climate I suppose? This question was recently posted in the "World Frugivore Tribe" group on Facebook. It is a great question that...
Are vaccines really mandatory in Ecuador, as recently reported by the international media?
As of December 1st, 2021, Ecuador's president, Guillermo Lasso, issued an illegal and unconstitutional executive order that requires all travelers entering Ecuador to show proof of receiving an unsafe, experimental drug, laughably referred to as the COVID-19...