Community Members and Residents
Community members and long-term residents…
- Must have stayed at least 2 months as a volunteer before becoming a resident, and 6 months in total before becoming a community member.
- Can eat food produced from the farm for free, but anything beyond that must be purchased themselves from local markets or neighboring farms (Our farm does not yet produce sufficient food to feed everyone here year-round. We are working on that.) We usually do either a weekly community produce order, or weekly group market trip, to make it easy.
- Pay $10 per month for internet and electric.
- Have an expectation to help out with planting fruit trees, other permaculture tasks, maintenance and cleaning of facilities, and other important tasks. Community members should contribute to the community they are staying in, or else they will be asked to leave.
- Do not have a set number of work hours or days. This gives more freedom for occasional travel, fasting, resting, getting sick, etc. Yet still, members are held to a general expectation of approximately 20 hours weekly service to the community, and should not expect that others will will grow their food for them while they sit around on the computer all the time. 😉
- Are expected to participate in group activities, which generally happen twice a week, and are a great community-building and social bonding experience.
See this PDF for more info: Volunteer, Resident, and Member info