Welcome to Fruit Haven!
Join us on telegram!
- Fruit Haven group chat: https://t.me/+
- Joint chat: Terra Frutis, Fruit Haven and Evolution Ecovillage group https://t.me/+UN8oNbiqtsnA-xd2
- Public groups: Vegan Ecovillages https://t.me/veganecovillages and Raw Vegans + Fruitarians https://t.me/RawVeganFruitarian
- Dangerous Insects and Reptiles: Poisonous things that can hurt you
- Communal dishes, cutlery, blenders (no hot liquids), stove, etc.
- Leave the space clean after use
- Dry dishes with a towel and put away immediately (not leaving them on drying rack please)
- At FH1: add name to cleaning list and read the tasks linked (and posted on the wall – ask for help on first time)
- At FH1: the cat will eat avocado, cucumber, papaya, watermelon (if open), nuts and seeds, oats (he can rip plastic bags) if not stored in the closed shelf
- Water comes from the stream (different at each community), sediment filter for dish washing, 10 micron filter and 1 micron ceramic charcoal filter for drinking (fill the water from the 10 micron filter). Bare with us and have patience when there’s outages, heavy rain can clog up the intake and temporary outages when we are maintaining the systems, we are often working to improve the systems.
- Please label your food or will be considered communal food (see sharing shelf) otherwise abandoned food will be composted and for anyone leaving rotting food will be fined (see security deposit policy).
- Compost bins for fruit/veg scraps, paper/cardboard and anything organic, please take it to appropriate location and not scatter around the community area to avoid wild life that can be dangarous (mice and rats which then atract snakes)
- Plastic trash bin for anything non-compostable (wrap any glass/metal that is sharp with something), ideally taken out to the bridge trash bins
- No incense or other smoke or burning in the house (unless everyone agrees to it)
- Quiet hours between 10pm to 8am, be considerate of people around – ask first
- Please respect and keep common areas like the hallways and seating areas clean
- Pond hut is allowed to be utelized for community gatherings or individual relaxation for 1 hr per day, for extra hours please pay $1/hr or rent the pond hut: see prices
- Communal fruit is shared fairly among their respective community residents, members, volunteers as well as guests, owners and neighbors if there’s enough to share. FH1 Harvesting Guidelines to be followed at FH1.
- FH1 Sharing shelf – shared among FH1 residents only, use as needed, don’t take all to your box please, if not from FH1 please ask a resident and share fairly.
- Private lots selling fruit, check the telegram chat
- Weekly food order (paused until a manager can be found)
- Chuchumbleza – dock (bridge) market on Friday morning – the village shops usually open every day, morning to night
- Gualaquiza – market day on Saturday – shops and market are open every day, morning to night
- El Pangui – market day Sunday – shops and market are als open every day, morning to night
First aid kits
- Check the stock in each community and report to managers if there’s shortage of anything.
- Snake bites – go to Gualaquiza hospital (See pictures of dangers here) – call taxi, they are fast to arrive at the bridge and ask them to go to Gualaquiza hospital
- For other injuries El Pangui hospital ($5 taxi from the bridge, ask driver to go directly there)
- Books – let Boris know which book you are checking out and return in a timly manner.
- Please care and respect books and instruments (for lost or ruined books please purchase or provide the cost + shipping to replace them see security deposit policy).
- Using the dry toilet, add a sprinkle of charcoal (if available) and 3 scoops/handfuls of wood shavings to the bucket after use.
- Butt spray/bidet with flush toilet or the dry bucket, reduce toilet paper use.
- No solids or toilet paper in the flushing toilet (bucket is fine)
- Peeing in the bucket is fine, around fruit trees is encouraged (drip line, not trunk)
- Please clean after yourself, better than you found it
Shower, Pool and waterfall (FH1)
- Shower – to use hot water heater: turn water on, turn switch to the left; when done turn switch to middle and turn off water.
- Nudity is permitted at the pool and waterfall – with respect to locals (be aware of public path/workers since they can be sensitive to nudity if they come from religious background)
- Local kids can use the pool only on Mondays (Solo Lunes) with supervision because they have been known to steal fruits from our trees. Remind them to go through the front entrance not the back way.
- FH1 laundry machine is $2 per load including detergent (one load is free for room renters staying over 1 month at FH1)
- Do not overfill
- Sharing loads is allowed.
- Ask us to turn it on for the right settings and filters to be clean when needed.
- Hand washing with a basin for free for FH1 residents, volunteers or paying guests (including FH2 renters).
- Otherwise there’s laundry machines at nearby cities like El Pangui and Gualaquiza.
WiFi hours 8am to 8pm at FH1 community area. Other community areas decide their own hours
- Storage of stuff for those camping or if running out of storage space in kitchen for things like watermelons and coconuts, etc.
- Warning: careful with clothes and items getting moldy – hard to clean it (as well as dust, ants, cockroaches, spiders)
- If available, a locker is provided for campers, for those not staying at FH1 the price is $5/month per locker
Security deposit policy: https://www.fruithaven.org/security-deposit-policy/
If you have a complaint please submit this form: https://form.jotform.com/fruithaven/fruit-haven-complaint